iServi News | 8 February 2019 | Term 1, Week 1
When Tuesday 12 February 2019 9.45am – 2.30pm
Where: HBF Arena, Kennedy Drive, Joondalup, WA, 6027
First event to commence approximately 10.00am
RULES AND ETIQUETTE
- Students are required to wear their College sports shorts, sports shoes (cross trainer or runners with supportive midsole), College socks and their Priory t-shirt. Bathers should be worn underneath the Priory uniform on arrival to school.
- YEAR 7 and new students to the College ONLY – Are required to wear their College Sports shorts, sports shoes, College socks and their College Sports Shirt. (Priory Shirt unavailable from Uniform shop)
- Additional clothing in your Priory colours may be worn while in the stands but not while competing (e.g. fairy wings, tights, head bands etc)
- Boys may wear the College bathers or swim shorts, and an appropriate rash vest. If the student does not have College bathers then plain board shorts are required.
- Girls may wear the College bathers, swim shorts and rash vest or plain one-piece bathers.
- College sport shorts are not to be worn in the pool.
- Equipment – Students need to bring:
- Food for the day, NO canteen facilities will be available. Food cannot be taken onto the pool deck, this must be consumed in the Priory bays
- 2L of water. Please note no glass is allowed in the venue (there is a drink fountain to fill up plastic drink bottles)
- Hat and sunscreen
- Not Permitted
- Any electronic devices (e.g. phones, MP3’s players). These will be confiscated.
- Coloured hair spray’s face paints/make-up/glitter
- Crepe paper
- Traditional events (freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke, butterfly and relay)
** Butterfly will be a combined event for junior school and senior school and points will only count towards individual champion, not Priory points.
- Novelty events – pool (if time permits) and land
Shield and Trophies
- Priory Shield (from traditional carnival events)
- Grenville Trophy (from novelty events)
- Individual Champions (champion and runner-up from all traditional events)
- Spectator Seating
- Spectator seating will be available on the Bottom of the St Mary’s Seating area – Pool side
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at the College on 9444 6333.
Mr Toby Lewis
Head of Learning Area – Health and Physical Education