iServi News | 10 September 2021 | Term 3, Week 8
Keeping Safe Child Protection Curriculum – Consent and Respectful Behaviours
This week, our Year 11 students listened to a presentation on consent and respectful behaviours by Ms Christina Self.
Passionate about holistic health and helping others, Ms Self is the founder of Red Ginger Wellness, an organisation committed to developing creative, engaging educational programs to share key health messages with both adults and young people.
The key take home messages from the presentation were:
- CONSENT is vital in all relationships
- Consent is required physically and digitally
- Listen to your conscience – respect the dignity of the human person in line with our Catholic Values
- Respect the law wherever you are – the law is ‘not fair’
- Be aware of the influence of media
- You have the right to say NO at any time
- Seek support if necessary
- Enjoy a RESPECTFUL relationship
A handy website for families and students to use for Consent and Respectful Behaviours is the R U Legal website: https://resources.legalaid.wa.gov.au/project/rulegal
Ms Self will be presenting information on sexting and consequences to our students in Week 10.
Mr Dean Robinett
Head of Community – San Clemente Priory